4/26/2014

Today is THE NEXT PHASE

Hey Friends and Family, I Love you all! So I wanted to share with you my plan. Most of you have no clue about my ongoing battle with my weight. I have been "a little fatty" my whole life. I've struggled with diet, upon diet, upon diet. Then 10 years ago I HAD HAD ENOUGH! I reached the point where I was sick of Being FAT! I found a Physician and risked my life to have Gastric Bypass Surgery. What an amazing journey that was. I went into the surgery at just under 300 pounds. I wasn't disabled I was living life even though it was limited because I was too tired to enjoy it! It took my body 19 months to give up the fat and I reached 143 pounds. I cannot tell you how that felt. I was able to walk into any store and shop and that was a great feeling. I was wearing size 8-10 and for the first time in my life actually looked into the mirror with pride. What HAPPENED? Well, I stopped using the tool that the surgery provided....gradually, I have stretched my stomach pouch out. I have gained! This morning I weighed in at....Get ready....209.4 pounds. That is an awful feeling. For months I have noticed myself eating without control. Don't ask me to explain the psychology behind it but for WhATEVER reason I have an insatiable need to feel FULL! I don't need to tell you that this is not good. So in an effort to lose this weight I am making myself accountable by blogging. So my plan is to eat properly and only if hungry. Exercise, and be realistic about my goal. Short term my goals are to lose 7 pounds per month. I hope by Dec 31, 2014 I will be able to step on the scales and see the number 155. That is pretty much all I have to say about it. I am going to try to blog this at least weekly to keep you all up to date on how I'm doing. WISH ME LUCK AND SUCCESS!

1 comment:

Redonna said...

You CAN do it! I have faith in you! I need to do the same! Maybe add some running to your day - but start slow and build up. Do it! Love you and looking forward to seeing you soon!